Friday, May 25, 2007

A Book by a Friend

The other night, Darrin Lauder, an old friend of mine phoned, and due to the oddities of voice mail we almost missed each other. He was calling to let me know he'd written a book, and it had been published. We talked for a while about the book, and what was going on in our lives. It was good to hear from him, and exciting to hear he had a book.
I've picked up a copy and after I've finished it I plan to review it on the blog.

The book is called "Spiritual Warfare & satan's schemes", and it's written as a devotional with 31 short chapters. I'm reading several chapters at a time, with some reflection on each of them. So far it looks good. It's not a "find a demon under every rock", or "talk to the demons" type book, but looks like straight forward biblical application.

There's information about the book on his church's website, (He's the pastor.) Go to the "Meet the Pastor" link on the left, and then to the link for the book. It's available on-line, and in some bookstores.

If you'd like to check it out I found it I found it for a wide range of prices here and here. (It's an 84 page book counting the Scripture Index--so the copies over $20 seem over-priced when you can get it for less.)

One thing about when I read books by people I've heard speak--I read the book with their voice in my head--with this book that was even more true, as I know the author better than any other author I've read. It was a little freaky in a way. I'll let you know how the book goes.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Reichart said...

I look forward to your thoughts and review of the book. We just finished a sermon series on Spiritual battle.
Bill from ProvocativeChurch

5:33 PM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

The review is coming. I thought I'd be done the book by now, but I'm not. However--so far it's been a very good read.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home