Thursday, May 17, 2007

Johnny Hart

Yes, this isn't news anymore, but despite my delay between posts I still wanted to mention this.

Johnny Hart dies at storyboard

B.C. was one of my favorite comic strips growing up. In my youth copied the art style, and created similar looking characters for my own comics-although on very different topics. I wasn't as good as Johnny Hart--and thus you've probably never seen my work.

I also liked the religious content he put in some of his strips. Some times it was just silly, and sometimes it made you think. One time a non religious strip caused problems when it was seen as a comment on Islam-Check out the story here.

Since there is an archive of his work, and he had worked ahead for now the strip will continue. You can see some of his work here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home