Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I've Been There How Long?

I was thinking about some things lately, and realized how long I had been a member of the congreagtion where I worship. I realized that it was the group I had the longest association with outside of my family. In my time there I have held 3 jobs (the first for only a few months, before I quit to take a better one.) I had met the woman I married, but we barely knew each other at that time. I had a lot less grey hair.

I realized the current pastor has been here almost as long as I attended under the previous pastor. (We were pastor-less for about a year, during that time elders filled in.)

There must be a reason for it.

If you've read previous posts you'll have seen me express appreciation and thanks for the congregation. That is one of the reasons I'm still around. So is the teaching.

Still I was surpised when I realized how long I've been around.

May God bless us all with groups we are part of that are helpful, and may those associations be long ones, unless the Lord takes us elsewhere.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger nerdypastor said...

Thanks for keeping me around. I guess we really are getting somewhere and passing some milestones together! As long as we don't pass millstones together!!

Glad we're in this journey together.

9:37 AM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

Thanks for sticking around...
We've been through a lot since you've arrived--but overall it's been good-which of course is thanks to God's providence & plan.

1:11 PM  
Blogger thegreatswalmi said...

there's nothing better, in my opinion (well, ok, a few things) than seeing someone stick with a church for the long haul. I've watched my father minister at the same church for the last 22 years and little has affected me more in my current ministry. good on ya!

2:17 PM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

Thanks for stopping by & commenting.

Sometimes God calls us to move on, but too often we presume upon Him and His Will.

Our previous pastor was at the church a lot longer than I was.
He became a missionary & is now involved in assisting with Church planting and other related stuff (At least that's how I understand it.)

Sorry if this sounds like a lot of backpatting, but recent events have just brought this out in me.

11:00 AM  
Blogger thegreatswalmi said...

no problem...my pleasure. i always love to read of "success" stories in churches...continues to bolster my optimism :) shalom.
mike

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home