Wednesday, December 06, 2006

LOTW December 6, 2006

Here are the new Links of the Whenever (as in whenever I get to them.)

First-
The Geneva Bible was the dominant English translation prior to the King James Bible. (It took about 50 years for the KJV to supplant the Geneva Bible.) King James did not like the Geneva Bible because of the margin notes. Those note were Reformed in theology. It's influenece was far reaching including being the Bible of the pilgrims and puritans who came to North America. It also was the inspiration for original name of The Reformation Study Bible. (It was first called the New Geneva Study Bible.) It originally used the New King James, but now uses the English Standard Version. The notes are also new.

But go here, to check out the original Geneva Bible. The site appears to be a work in progress, but there is a lot to read on it.

Second-
If you've read previous posts you may know I am interested in sports logos and design. A site I think has some excellent work in that regard is Athlantic Design. There you'll find one man's concepts for several teams on a well done template. It's creative. If you enjoy this sort of thing I think you'll enjoy this site.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger pilgrim said...

Interesting point, but did you check out the original Geneva Bible?

I think it's interesting from an historical viewpoint. And also from a theological one.

5:29 PM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

I did relaize your comments were on the New Ref. Study Bible--I just wanted to ask about the main topic.

As for what Bible I use-I have used the NASB as my main Bible for a number of years, but am being "converted" to the ESV. I still like the NASB and also read the NKJV from time to time. I own several other translations I can check on, although that's very easy to do online now.
At a study if I know one translation will be the most common I'll often bring a different one. So at any time I may show up with an NASB, ESV, or even a NKJV.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home