Tuesday, January 10, 2006

I'm back, they're not

I've never kept a regular blog schedule, and I respect those who do.
I also respect the decison of those who put much time in their blogs to step back, take a break or even stop.
That doesn't mean I won't miss the blogs though--or the writers.

I've seen this all over the blogoshere, but wanted to say a more formal farewell here.

The Calvinist Gadfly is calling it quits, and according to the first post it will be left up until Jan 16.
So if you've never checked it out before--do it now.
Alan Kurschner wrote a thought provoking, entertaining, and insightful blog.
It will be missed. But he has been called to other work. He has indicated he may blog from time to time here.
Thanks for what you've given us Alan.

Then Purgatorio contained an announcement from its creator, Marc Heinrich. He had already announced he would slowing down, but now has posted he's stopping, although he's leaving the bog up. He may be back later, he may not.
Marc provided laughs, poignant commentary, and provoked thought.
And the comments on his announcement thread show he will be missed as well.
Marc is also listed as a contributor to Doxoblogy, another fine blog out there.

Well Alan and Marc--thanks. And may God bless your endeavours as He leads you elsewhere.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

Marc is also calling it quits at Doxoblogy. And I haven't decided what I'm going to do. I know I can't keep up a daily pace. I'll probably drop back to two posts a week.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Alan E. Kurschner said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. Thanks for being a reader of the blog in the past.

Cheers,
Alan

12:56 PM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

You're welcome Alan, Gadfly was one of the first blogs I'd check.
Even if I disagreed with you it was a good read.

Sorry to hear about Marc calling it quits at Doxoblogist as well.
But if I'm correct (I suppose I could browse), didn't he only post 1 or 2 times?

I know I couldn't keep up a daily pace--so I understand Jeremy.
Hopefully you can do at least weekly-so twice a week sounds good.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home