Monday, September 26, 2005

Interesting book

It's not on theology, or the Bible, or Church history, or...
Well it's not about Christianity or religion.

I came across it at a book exchange at work.
It's called The Pocket Encyclopedia of Aggravation by Laura Lee.
And it's amusing, and full of trivia about what aggravates us. The subtitle has synonyms for aggravate from A to W, then just lists X, Y, Z. There's an annoyance here for everybody.

This is one of those books that are good to have around when you have a bit of time to kill (waiting for the doctor, on the bus, a short coffee break, etc.) and your brain can't handle anything too deep.

It also brought to mind a passage of Scripture-
"Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast to the word of life, so that in the day of Christ I may be proud that I did not run in vain or labor in vain." Philippians 2:14-16 (English Standard Version)

It's not quite the same context, but the principle is there.
Well, maybe I can't complain-but it does help to understand some of these things.

Look for it at your local library, or just about any of the online book stores. Google shows it's on many of them. It's published by Black Dog and Leventhal publishers.
Thanks to doxoblogist for pointing out my omission, so I could update this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

Where is it available?

12:20 PM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

Oops--I was going to include that-
Thanks--you could check your local library.
I also found it on several online book stores.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

Not trying to correct you, Pilgrim!
I feel like John Wayne writing that!
I actually felt kind of foolish after I had asked the question since there are about four thousand search engines that I could type the title in.
Anyway, I found it at Amazon.com. I'm still getting up a good order before I actually order it though.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home