Saturday, April 29, 2006

What Sinners Should Plead with God-by Ralph Erskine Part 3

I'm really enoying going throught all the Erskine stuff here.

Here's part 3 of "What Sinners Should Plead with God" to give a sample.

3. Plead his power, in a sense of your own weakness. Do you feel the power and multitude of your corruptions within you? Say with Jehoshaphat, "Lord I have no might against this great company; neither know I what to do: but mine eyes are upon you." With you all things are possible. Though I may despair of help in myself and others; yet, you have forbid me to despair of help in you. You said, Let there be light, and there was light; therefore say, let there be faith, and it will immediately take place; for faith is your work and your gift: it is "the work of God that we believe: by grace we are saved, through faith, and that not of ourselves, it is the gift of God."
-Ralph Erskine (1685-1752)

2 Comments:

Blogger Son of Man said...

This was a great thing to hear today! I'll be going away to a foreign country to share the gospel in a few days. THIS is what I must plead. Very cool quote SoR.
SoM

6:57 PM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

Thanks for the comment--that's part of the reason I started this blog.
God's providence put you & that quote together.
I'm glad He did.
Remind me to pray for you.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home