Friday, December 02, 2005

More Blog Wars Going On

Have you noticed them?
There seems to be a new blog war every day.
I encountered one through Alpha and Omega-James White's site/blog/ministry.

Seems Calvinism is being misrepresented here and here as well.

Calvinistgadfly.com is getting into the act as well.

So why does this happen?
I know we can't all agree--we're fallen sinful human beings.
Why do we belittle others by misrepresenting them?
I have left comments on Paul McCain's blog (the one misrepresenting Calvinism) to that effect.

Meanwhile the Doxoblogist is running a series that says what Calvinism is not. While I may not quite agree with him on every point it has been a good series so far.
Hopefully critics of Calvinism/Reformed theology will read the series.
Wherever you may stand--reading the series should be helpful--and yes Paul McCain--Jeremy does talk about Jesus.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

And I make a plea for Todd Wilken to use his platform to engage Calvinists on his show.

http://reformatabaptista.blotspot.com

8:19 AM  
Blogger Antonio said...

You forgot my blog in your comments:

Free Grace Theology Blog

Antonio

You will find some more non-Calvinism here!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

Yeah! Forgot!

12:27 AM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

You mean I forget it or Jeremy did?
I didn't see any articles on this blogwar on your blog..
Or are you saying you misrepresent Calvinism?
I know you do have issues with it.
I know we disagree on the issue of Lordship.

Oh, and thanks to all of you for your comments.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I saw Pr. McCain's jeremiads against the Bayly brothers (which was really what this was about, I think) and I was appalled. I thought better of him, honestly. From James White I would expect that sort of polemic; from Paul McCain I wouldn't.

I know how it is to have your beliefs caricatured and distorted so artfully that it would take pages and pages of correction for each false statement. I expect Pr. McCain isn't a stranger to this either, being as he is on the conservative end of the Lutheran spectrum. He should know better than to lower the discourse this way.

4:19 PM  
Blogger pilgrim said...

I think you do discredit to James White. He may not get everything right, but he shows effort in getting the facts straight.
And that effort is usually rewarded with accuracy.

I do agree that as a conservative Lutheran he should be familiar with being misrperesented.

For that matter, who among us has not experienced misrepresantation?

9:48 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I think you do discredit to James White. He may not get everything right, but he shows effort in getting the facts straight.

Maybe I do. Certainly he's well-read and intelligent; his debating ability intimidates me. :) I didn't mean to make an ad hominem attack on Dr. White. (I disagree with you that he presents the facts fairly, but that wasn't my point.) My point was that once you get on the "enemies list" of someone like that, you can never again say anything right. Pr. McCain shouldn't be behaving that way.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home